7 Benefits of Organic Freeze Dried Blueberries for Your Health
Blueberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits on the planet. When freeze-dried, they make an excellent long-term storable addition to your health food range.
In today’s politically unstable world, it’s essential to stock nutritious and delicious fruits for the long term, so our supplier has gone to great lengths to bring you limited quantities of ultra-clean, healthy, organic freeze-dried blueberries.
Freeze-drying preserves the taste, texture, and, most importantly, the nutrients in these lab-verified fresh blueberries. Freeze-drying is the best food preservation method, which is why our supplier offers Select Whole Organic Freeze Dried Blueberries. These have been carefully freeze-dried and packaged in convenient long-term storable #10 cans. These are the perfect addition to your long-term supply during these difficult times. In addition, these freeze-dried organic whole blueberries are packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Our organic freeze-dried blueberries are grown under strict organic standards and are extensively lab tested for glyphosate, heavy metals, and microbiology. They are also non-GMO, non-China, and certified Kosher and organic.
Our supplier also offers these freeze-dried organic blueberries in convenient 70g pouches that are perfect for snacks, so you can munch on them when on the go.
Freeze-dried foods absorb water like a sponge, so be careful. Once you open a can, make sure you seal them in an air-tight container.
Blueberries are tiny, dark blue, edible berries from the Vaccinium corymbosum shrub. The plant is a close relative to cranberries, huckleberries, bilberries, and gooseberries. It is actually a member of the Heather family:
Blueberries are also known as star berries because of the star-shaped pattern on each berry:
While wild blueberries were only cultivated as a domestic crop at the dawn of the 20th century, Native Americans have known about the potent health benefits of these great berries for centuries. They used the berries to create a staple Native American survival food called pemmican.
Pemmican is a mixture of tallow (fat), dried meat, and dried blueberries. It's a calorie-rich food used as a critical component in prepared meals or eaten raw. Historically, it was an essential part of indigenous cuisine in parts of North America and is still prepared today.
As one of the world’s most nutritious and antioxidant-rich fruits, blueberries are packed with essential vitamins and minerals such as:
- Dietary fiber
- Healthy fats
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, and Zinc
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C, E and K
Furthermore, blueberries are rich in potent antioxidants, such as kaempferol, myricetin, quercetin, resveratrol, and, most importantly, anthocyanins.
Because blueberries are low in calories, fat, and sodium but highly nutritious, they make for the perfect healthy snack.
Organic Freeze Dried Blueberries – Packed With Antioxidants
As with many other brightly colored fruits and berries, blueberries contain high levels of natural pro-anthocyanin plant pigments, which are also the main antioxidant compounds in blueberries.
The results of a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry indicated that anthocyanins are responsible for the many health benefits of blueberries and their vibrant blue hues. Furthermore, an article published in the journal Molecular Nutrition & Food Research says that anthocyanins in blueberries support the heart and brain.
Organic blueberries are also known for their high concentrations of whole-spectrum vitamin C. This potent antioxidant supports the healthy functions of the eyes, heart, brain, lungs, bones, skin, and immune and digestive systems. Vitamin C is also needed for the body’s natural production of collagen.
The results of a study published in the Journal of Zhejiang University - Science B found that compared to other berries, blueberries have higher antioxidant activity and contain more of the many different types of antioxidants, including flavonoids, phenols, and anthocyanins.
Other potent antioxidants found in blueberries include resveratrol, quercetin myricetin, procyanidins, pterostilbene, chlorogenic acid, and more than 15 anthocyanins, as well as vitamins A and E.
Now you know why blueberries are called a superfood.
7 Ways Organic Freeze-dried Blueberries Support Your Health
1. They support eyesight: Organic freeze dried blueberries are naturally abundant in various antioxidants that can protect your eyes from the effects of harmful free radicals and help healthy vision.
2. Blueberries support the heart: the fruit is loaded with anthocyanin antioxidants that can help protect your heart from oxidative damage and support optimal cardiovascular function. Anthocyanins can also help maintain healthy cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
3. They help with digestion: organic freeze dried blueberries contain phytochemicals that nourish your healthy gut microflora, supporting a healthy digestive system. In addition, the natural abundance of dietary fiber in blueberries can also further support healthy digestive function and regular bowel movements.
4. Blueberries are good for the brain: the fruit contains high levels of antioxidants that can protect the brain from oxidative damage and support optimal cognitive function. These powerful antioxidants include myricetin, chlorogenic acid, arbutin, anthocyanins, and flavonoids.
5. Organic freeze dried blueberries help the skin look better: blueberries are full of vitamin C, anthocyanins, and other antioxidants that help protect your skin from damage by free radicals. As a result, regular consumption of blueberries can help maintain healthy, glowing skin growth.
6. Blueberries bolster the bones: the fruit contains many vitamins and minerals for strong and healthy bones. The minerals (in hydrophilic form because they are plant-derived) include calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, iron, and vitamin K.
7. They boost the immune system: blueberries are loaded with vitamins A, C, and E and antioxidants that can protect the body from oxidative stress and support optimal immune health.
To find out more about our select Organic Freeze-Dried Blueberries, and where to get yours from, please click on the button below: